Chances are you are already wearing green in preparation of St. Patrick’s Day this Friday.
If you do not consider yourself a celebrator of this ironically American-obsessed holiday, then you are free to stop reading. As for the rest (and the majority) of Gainesville, we have prepared for you an exhaustive checklist of how to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the right way in good ol’ Midtown.
What to Eat
- Grill Fresh: Green Bowl
- Comes with 2 veggies, 1 protein and 2 mixed greens. Get your green on.
- Fresh Corner: Avocado Toast
- Customize with your favorite avo toast toppings like red pepper flakes.
- Sushi Chao: Veggie Delite Roll
- Lean AND green, what a dream.
- Planet Smoothie: Leafy Greens Add-In
- Add a handful of spinach to your favorite smoothie for added iron and a green twist.
What to Drink
- Wyatt’s Coffee: Green Tea
- Nothing says “don’t pinch me!” like a soothingly hot cup of vivid green tea to start your morning on a pain-free note.
- Social at Midtown: Beat The Clock specials
- As quoted from their Facebook page: “St. Patty’s Day is on the way! Make plans to get Social with us this Friday! Get started early with our Beat The Clock specials – $1 Guinness Draughts & $1 Jameson Shots starting at 2pm, the price goes up $1 every hour. No Cover for the 1st 500 guest (21 & up)!”. May the luck of the Irish be with you.
- The Swamp Restaurant: Green Beer
- As quoted from their Facebook page: “Join us at Swamp on Thursday and purchase a Swampatrick’s day package for $10 and receive AYCD green beer from 10-11pm, a free Swampatrick’s day shirt good for skipping the line and no cover privileges Friday, and a coin for BOGO on your first green beer for the main event! Tag up to 5 of your favorite lads for a chance to win! The winner and 5 of their friends will receive free Swampatrick’s day packages. To help you celebrate St. Paddy’s Day right, all of you will receive a Jameson VIP party on Friday!”. If this doesn’t sound like a party I don’t know what does.
Let’s hope you find that pot o’ gold by the end of the night.